Today is March 4th. MARCH 4TH!? Where has the time gone? This year already seems to be flying by. I’m trying to make the most out of my travels while I’m here, because I know when I go home I’ve got to settle down a little and go back to school!
A couple weeks ago, my friend Orla and I took a little trip to Romania. We flew into Bucharest, Romanias capitol, and only stayed there one night. The next morning we took the train (my first train ride YAY!!) to Brasov. Brasov was about three hours away, and the ride there was so beautiful! Of course once you get past the graffiti covered walls in Bucharest, you get to see the beautiful snow covered mountains towering over all the little villages on the way.
I’m not going to lie, I will probably never go back again. But I’m also soooo glad that I did it once! It was so much fun, and if I’m being honest, the whole trip was basically a WTF moment! I’ve never laughed so much in my life! I made a list below, and thought I’d share with you some of those moments!
- Having literally no idea where we were going. Ever.
- Being in the sketchiest train station you’ve ever seen.
- Thinking we were in a lovely park only to find out it was right above the Bucharest tunnels. You can watch a video about it here.
- The horror of trying to get a train ticket from a woman who spoke zero english…
- Getting locked inside our hotel room and having to climb out the window.
- Hopping in a taxi then immediately running out because he couldn’t understand us and was pure CRAZY!
- Going to the “haunted house” next door because Dracula’s Castle wasn’t spooky enough for us
- Buying a slice of cheesecake and having to eat it with my hands because they didn’t have utensils.
- Going to the cinema and seeing the weirdest film ever (A Cure For Wellness). Left the movie with sooo many questions???
- Spending hours trying to find a spa (Romania is extremely cheap so we figured this was the perfect place to treat ourselves!) but never succeeding. Seriously we went everywhere in Brasov trying to find one!
- Having a near death experience at the “BRASOV” sign (basically Brasov’s Hollywood sign). It was so icy and we were both wearing sneakers with absolutely no traction whatsoever! It was soooo terrifying!
As always, thanks for stopping by the blog! Hope you are having a wonderful week filled with lots of love and laughter!